Friday 5 November 2010

Meat Heaven

Yesterday was my husband's birthday and I had been keeping a restaurant in mind for the occasion for a good few months. Having spent a while researching restaurants to go to in San Francisco I came across Espetus Churrascaria and thought it sounded amazing. However the $50 per person (plus tax, drinks, dessert and tip) price tag made me save it for a special occasion.

Yesterday was that special occasion and, oh my, the $50 was so worth it! The place is a Brazilian barbecue steak house. When you go in you help yourself to sides from the salad bar, buffet style. When you go back to your table the waiters start constantly bringing round perfectly cooked skewers of meat and carving you off chunks. They have 12-14 different types of meat per night, most of them different types of steak but lamb, chicken, prawns and pork are also respresented. You get as much of it as you can possibly eat (I'm sure I ate at least 3 normal meals worth!) and it's all mouth-wateringly delicious. The service is impeccable and somehow we forced space for dessert which was also delicious (and huge, as if I hadn't eaten enough!)

If you have the money or want to splash out on a special occasion and love meat then you have to check this place out. We are already looking for our next excuse to go there again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment